What is American Express?
American Express is a USA multinational financial services provider company. American Express headquarters Tower in Manhattan, New York. The company was established on March 18, 1850. About 25% of credit card transactions in the United States are made through American Express Card.
American Express was the 22nd most expensive brand in the world according to Forbes report and 25th according to Interbrand reports.
How to Register an American Express gift card?
1. Call customer service to activate your card if you bought it yourself. If you have all the purchase information for the gift card, you can call American Express to register the card directly. American Express customer service agent number is 1-877-297-4438. You need to leave your name, billing address and other information apart from the receipt, if you have one.
First, enter the card information (the 16 digits of the card number and the four digits of the security code) in the automated system. Once you know your card balance, select the option that connects you to a customer service agent. This person will register your billing address and complete your registration process.
2. Register the card online if someone bought it for you. If you receive the card as a gift, go to the American Express website to complete the registration process at https://www311.americanexpress.com/CHWeb/userCardRegister.do. The site will ask you for the 16 digits of the card number that you will find on the front side of the card, and the four digits of the security code, which you will find just above the card number on the front.
After entering this information, you can add your billing address to complete the registration process.
3. Accurately provide your billing address for online purchases. Whether you activate your card online or by phone, the most crucial detail is that you make sure you give the billing address correctly to register the card. This will allow you to use it for online purchases. When you buy items online, you will have to enter the billing address and zip code that matches the card information before you can complete the purchase.
How to use an American Express gift card?
American Express gift cards are ideal gifts. You can use them anywhere they accept American Express. Before you can use the card, you will need to register it by calling or visiting the American Express website, and providing your name and a valid billing address to activate the card for online purchases officially. Then you can use the gift card to make purchases online or in person.
How can Check American Express gift card balance?
1. Navigate to the Native American Express website. Type www.americanexpress.com in the navigation bar to bring up the company homepage. It is crucial to start the company’s original site rather than typing “American Express Gift Card Balance” in your search engine because there are many authentic-looking scammed sites in web phishing for account numbers.
It should be an instant red flag. You can go directly to www.balance.amexgiftcard.com, which is the exact page operated by American Express. Keep in mind that if you make a mistake while typing the address, you may be taken to a scam site.
2. Click the “Cards” tab in the upper left-hand side Page on the homepage. In the main menu, you’ll see tabs like “My Account,” “Travel,” “Rewards,” etc. Click “Cards” and waiting for the dropdown menu.
3. Click “Gift Card” on the dropdown menu. After you click “Card,” a vast dropdown menu will appear. On the right, you’ll see a list with the heading “Prepaid Cards” “Gift Card” is another alternative to Lis
4. Click “Check Balance” at the top right of the page and then you click “Gift Card,” you’ll be taken to the original gift card page. The top right of the page will have a few tabs. Click “Check Balance”The “Gift Balance” tab is between on the Gift Ideas tab and Login the tab.
5. Enter your card information and click the “Sign In” button to pull the balance. The site asks you to type a 15-digit card number, expiration date, and 4-digit security code on the back of the card. there also an email address available before clicking “Sign In.” It’s all right, so you can leave the field blank if you want.
How to use a gift card online?
1. Sign the card on its back in the required field. As with other debit or credit cards, you must sign the back of the card before using it. This will help you protect the gift card money so that other people can not use it, in case they had access to the card. This is very important, especially with gift cards, since they do not have a name printed on the front of the card.
2. Swipe your card in a machine like a regular credit or debit card. If you want to use your American Express gift card in person, pass it through the card reader just as you would with a regular one. You can ask the cashier to manually enter the card information if there is any problem with the card reader.
3. Enter your card information for online purchases. If you want to shop online, use your American Express gift card as you would any other type of debit or credit card. Enter your name, the 16 digits of the card number, the four digits of the security code, and the exact billing address.
Make sure the purchase amount is equal to or less than the card balance. If the amount of your purchase exceeds the available balance, your purchase could be rejected.
4. Use your gift card balance for the next 12 months to avoid charges. If you wait more than 12 months to use the full amount of your American Express gift card, $ 2.00 per month will be deducted from the available amount of your balance. You will receive this charge every month after the initial 12 month period.
If you lose your original gift card and receive a replacement from American Express, the charges will begin 12 months. After the initial registration of the original registration card, not from the date you receive the replacement card.